In 2020, Keepnet Labs identified and analysed 410,000 of phishing email data to reveal the key points forming success of the phishing attacks and published 2020 Phishing Trends Report. This report will help security leaders and IT practitioners gain a better understanding of vulnerable industries and departments against a phishing attack.
Email-based attacks have always been a top priority for IT security; however, phishing has been the ultimate deception – the pack of tricks and plants employed by social engineers who mislead, deceive and cheat to bypass an organization’s security controls. These attacks are evolving and adapting, and when executed correctly, will admix with target’s certain communications.
2020 Phishing Trends Report reveals insights, trends and experiences on phishing attacks like:
- Departments that most likely to open a phishing email
- Departments that most likely to click on a phishing email
- Departments that most likely to submit sensitive data to a fake webpage
- Industries that most likely to open a phishing email
- Industries that most likely to click on a phishing email
- Industries that most likely to submit sensitive data to a fake webpage
In 2019, Keepnet’s on-cloud customers sent over 410,000 results of sanctioned phishing emails and the benchmark data collected forms the basis of this research. This 2020 Phishing Trends Report will support organisations in their cybersecurity and awareness efforts and guide their focus on the departments and industries that are most susceptible to email-based cyber attacks.
Download the report here.